Happy Friday! I think this is my favorite day of the week! Here are a few things I'm high-fivin' today.
We are finishing up week 5 of half-marathon training. We've had to skip a run here and there but overall we are staying on track. I have to admit, it has been so much harder than I ever imagined. And not just physically but mentally and emotionally as well. There have been many runs that I've completed and end up beating myself up for not being able to run faster, push harder, be better. Which I know is completely absurd considering I'm breaking my personal records by leaps and bounds!!! I am grateful for a supportive husband and great friends and family that believe in me and encourage me when I'm ready to throw in the towel. This goal is supposed to be FUN! I want to put the focus back on being proud of what my mind and body has been able to accomplish with hard work and dedication.
We are finishing up week 5 of half-marathon training. We've had to skip a run here and there but overall we are staying on track. I have to admit, it has been so much harder than I ever imagined. And not just physically but mentally and emotionally as well. There have been many runs that I've completed and end up beating myself up for not being able to run faster, push harder, be better. Which I know is completely absurd considering I'm breaking my personal records by leaps and bounds!!! I am grateful for a supportive husband and great friends and family that believe in me and encourage me when I'm ready to throw in the towel. This goal is supposed to be FUN! I want to put the focus back on being proud of what my mind and body has been able to accomplish with hard work and dedication.
|
|
| photo c/o jenny j |
This weekend, we will finally be close to hitting 100 degrees for the first time in a couple of years. I'm thinking some cold and refreshing drinks are in order, doesn't this watermelon-lime cooler look delicious?
My sweet SIL sent us a Smash book for our anniversary! I'm so excited to put all our wedding cards in here, the ones that are currently being held safe in a ziplock bag :)
I'm going to savor the last few days of my stay-cation! I've been catching up on house projects, soaking up some sun, and have finished DIY stuff like this farmer's market bag! It's going to be hard to get back to it Monday morning!
What are you high-fivin today? Be sure to link up!


So glad to see a picture your sweet faces. You should NOT be beating yourself up. You're training for a half! That's awesome and every training session is an accomplishment.
ReplyDeleteLove you!
That market bag is so cute! Yay for marathon training :D
ReplyDeletehooray for staycations! it sounded like it was perfect.
ReplyDeletedon't beat yourself up too much with your training. it sounds like you're doing a great job. i agree with aubrey - at the beginning, i'd consider each finished session a huge accomplishment. you're awesome and you're doing it!
and yes, please to that delightful looking drink. maybe i'll have to give it a try!