2.28.2012

Glitter Heels

I have a pair of black heels that are my go-to shoes whenever going out or attending fancy work functions. I've had these a little over four years. When I first got them, our dog Riley, was just a puppy and decided to chew one of the heels. I was able to cover up the damage with electrical tape (hey I work in construction, that stuff is readily available!) and it has lasted up until recently when the glue started wearing off.

After a little bit of browsing, I found this tutorial on how to cover up the damage with glitter.
This past Friday, we had a girl's crafting and chick flick evening, so I brought my supplies along to give it a try.  I'm really happy with how they turned out and with the little "face lift" they feel like a brand new pair of shoes!

6 comments:

  1. what an awesome fix! and sparkles are always fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah-Maz-ing tip! and so do-able!!
    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea! those look awesome!! nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This a great idea! It comes out so nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I approve of this DIY, and I'm looking for this to dress up a pair or two around my closet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it means a lot to read your feedback! Have a wonderful day!