I've been wanting to make macarons for quite sometime but since I've never been to France, I really have no idea what they taste like. They just look so cute! I
read Starbucks was going to be selling them for a limited time this month, so I figure it's going to be the closest opportunity to see what I'm shooting for when I actually get around to baking them. I thought I'd pass along the information in case you haven't ever had them either! They will be available at select Starbucks Dec. 13-25th.
**EDIT - I couldn't find them anywhere, so this past weekend I asked a manager and she said they are only available at fresh markets - i.e. Seattle, Portland, etc. Sad face for me, but hey if you live in those areas, let me know how they taste!**

image from serious eats
Yum!
ReplyDeleteI'm not a huge fan of them but I always love how they look!
ReplyDeletei will be sure and try them when we are in paris! i can't wait to see how yours turn out.
ReplyDeletecool, i'm going over to starbucks to try them. i've never had them either...i can't believe i didn't seek them out when i was in paris.
ReplyDeleteOh, I am SO hitting up the 'bucks today! Yum!
ReplyDeleteYow, these look fabuulous! Keri
ReplyDeleteSe ven delicioso!
ReplyDeleteThey had a box in the Starbucks near my house (the week before Christmas) I asked the girl that I always see there if she had tried them and she said yes, the raspberry were her favorite, she got out a box and said we have samples-go ahead and choose. I choose chocolate, it was yummy. but they are very small maybe 1 1/2 in across-I wish they were bigger. I found a tutorial on how to make them and plan to.I cannot locate the blog right now-too many in my rss feed-I know I will locate it as soon as I'm finished :)
ReplyDeletewell here in Europe are very popular, the colors are great but not the taste, sorry, they taste "secos", I don´t know how explain it, like dry.
ReplyDeletewww.caprichosdeana.blogspot.com