8.22.2009

Zucchini Bread

Now that the summer is coming to an end, there is a lot of leftover zucchini to try to finish up. Husband and I grated and froze zucchini in 2 cup quantities to use this fall. I thought I'd get a head start and bake some delicious zucchini bread. The recipe is from a co-worker (no idea where she got it from) and boy is it moist!!

Zucchini Bread

4 eggs
2 cups sugar
3 tsp vanilla
1 cup olive oil
4 cups grated "medium to small" zucchini
3 cups flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1-1/2 to 2 cups fresh cracked walnuts


Beat eggs until light and foamy, then add sugar, vanilla and oil. Beat until mixture will leave a trail when poured from a spoon. Stir in grated zucchini. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, soda, nutmeg, cinnamon. Fold this into zucchini mixture with walnuts. Pour into 2 greased 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 inch loaf pans. Bake @ 350 for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Top with butter or just ENJOY plain!

1 comment:

  1. Yum. Zucchini bread! Feel free to wrap that up and ship it out :) BTW, I have a few family recipes that I need to type up and send to you. Stuff our Grandma used to make at holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it means a lot to read your feedback! Have a wonderful day!